The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Territory Sales Rep, Construction opportunity, you should have:
- 3 to 5+ years of professional experience demonstrating MUCH of the following:
- Self-discipline, entrepreneurial drive and a dedicated work ethic
- The ability to learn quickly
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Polished presentation skills and the ability to deliver effective presentations one-on-one or to a group of end users and/or distributors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish are preferred but not required
- The ability to work with all levels and build relationships to gain customer loyalty and penetrate accounts
- Professionalism, even under pressure -- at times a thick skin is needed for success
- The ability to provide great service but also push back when appropriate
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- A bachelor's degree
- A background in industrial and/or construction sales
- Experience in construction
- Territory management experience
- First-hand knowledge of power tools
Pictured: Makita's new 18V X2 LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Read Handle 7.25" Circular Saw Kit. Makita offers the world's largest lineup of 18V Lithium-ion cordless tools. Our innovation in motor and battery technology is obliterating industry standards in performance and leaving old thinking behind.
The RoleReporting to the District Manager, you will plan, manage and grow the account base in your assigned area, focusing on the residential construction industry. Upon joining us, you'll train with the District Manager as well as others in the District, take a product course to get up to speed with our tools, learn our internal systems and begin developing a strategic sales plan. You'll market to end users, traveling to and calling on large construction companies and local job sites to develop partnerships with the people who actually use our tools, as you also develop strong relationships with dealers.
Specifically, you will:
- Maintain and expand established accounts through direct sales, prospecting, product demonstrations and the promotion of innovative product offerings
- Focus on key pro-users and job sites with an emphasis on creating a demand for Makita products
- Schedule and organize demo events, shows, etc. within your territory and upon management request
- Develop innovative and creative ideas for increasing sales
- Interface with multiple departments and branches within Makita and your account base
- Maintain accurate records of plans, initiatives and agreements
- Provide feedback to your District Sales Manager concerning the total marketplace, as well as any competitive activities taking place
- Leverage a pull through strategy encouraging end users to influence dealers in order to increase sales and product placement
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Pictured: You'll be able to offer the world's largest 18V Lithium-ion line-up, offering corded power and performance in more than 160 tools, from drivers to portable band saws to sanders . . . and more. These tools are jobsite proven and feature industry-leading charge times.
Why Makita U.S.A.High potential territory
The Houston market is expanding rapidly, and there is more than enough business, even for three Sales Reps. You'll need to work smarter and harder than the competition, but the rewards are there to be earned.
Personal autonomy and flexibility
While you'll benefit from the support of your peers and management, you'll also enjoy the liberty to set your own routine and provide your territory with the services you deem appropriate for reaching your sales goals.
Pride and brand recognition
Visit any construction site, and you're sure to encounter a variety of Makita tools. Our quality and performance has earned us a strongly respected reputation within the contractor community, which has persistently grown throughout our history and is certain to endure for many years to come as we continue to lead the industry with the introduction of high quality, innovative tools.
While you can make a good living and be successful in this territory for years to come, if you prove yourself and wish to continue growing your career, you'll find ample opportunity for advancement within Makita U.S.A.
As a member of our Sales division, you will get the opportunity to participate in many of our promotional events across the country.
In addition to a competitive base, commission and bonus incentives, we offer one of the most generous benefits packages in our industry, including a company truck; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) and profit sharing plan; expense reimbursement plans; PTO; tuition reimbursement, and more.
Pictured: demanding applications require maximum power, speed and run time, so Makita created LX2® X2 tools and power equipment powered by two 18V batteries. These products deliver maximum performance without cords, without the hassles of gas, and without leaving the 18V battery platform.
Keys to SuccessWhen you come onboard there will be a lot to learn. A good deal of your initial success will depend on your ability to shorten the learning curve. You'll need to be dedicated to knowledge gain, from learning the tools to your territory to company processes and procedures.
By your sixth month in the role, we'll look to you to have already begun establishing strong working relationships with your accounts and end users, and to be consistently reaching -- or exceeding -- your monthly target numbers, which are very reasonable. To develop and sustain these relationships, you'll need to maintain a highly professional image, ongoing product knowledge, a dedication to service, and be driven to succeed.
Makita manufactures premium products, so undercutting competitors' prices does not figure large in our strategy. You'll need to be able to sell value, helping distributors and users see the features and advantages that make our tools stand apart. You'll need a creative and innovative approach to the market, as well as the skill to present customized solutions.
About UsEvery day, on job sites around the world, Makita delivers the power, performance and durability that professional users demand . . .
. . . with products that are more compact, have less vibration and feel better. Over 100 years ago, it all started with the motor. Makita Corporation was founded in 1915 as an electric motor sales and repair company. Today, as a global brand in over 40 countries, Makita is an innovation leader, manufacturing best-in-class products at 10 plants operating in 8 countries. The unmatched quality and durability of Makita products is driven by the company's strong R&D capabilities, and have earned the trust of professional users worldwide. Every day, on job sites around the world, Makita delivers the power, performance and durability that professional users demand with products that are more compact, have less vibration and feel better.
Believing that the motor is the heart of any power tool, we take great pride in our motor expertise. We spare no expense in producing the most powerful, efficient and best performing motors available for each tool, carefully selecting only the best quality raw materials, employing the most advanced manufacturing equipment in the world, and using the most stringent manufacturing processes and quality control in the industry. To make certain that our quality standards are upheld, constant testing is performed during machining and assembly processes, including a final run-test under power before leaving the factory to ensure optimum performance.
Our success comes not only from producing top quality tools, but also from our unparalleled customer service. From our customer service representatives to our extensive sales team to our R&D group, we are dedicated to delivering complete customer satisfaction. Makita USA is headquartered in La Mirada, California.